Operation of the Computer Classroom IT Service
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Operation of the Computer Classroom
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE of computers in IT rooms:
- Check that the power switch inside the network cabinet is on (the electronic network network should be operating).
- Now users can enjoy a full work session.
- After the first maintenance instruction where users should select “start PC” (option by default), a new step follows with two options:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Linux. Ubuntu
- Both the Windows and Ubuntu username is «alumno» and the password is also «alumno».
- Users can change the Windows interface language with the icons on the desk: Windows 10 in Spanish, Windows 10 in Catalan and Windows 10 in English.
- Take into account that everything incorporated during the session will disappear when PC are switched off or restarted, both with Windows and Linux platforms.
- For data to be kept between starts up:
- Windows has a DATA partition. Unit D:
- There is a shared folder available: Unit X:
- Linux has a DATA partition shared with Windows with direct access from the desktop
- A folder shared while in the IT room: CompartidaAulasLinux, which is the same for all IT rooms.
- PC troubleshooting:
- In the case your PC is not working properly, please fill in the form for technical support: http://si.ua.es/es/cau/microinformatica/soporte-y-asistencia-tecnica.html Stating the following:
- IT room
- Name of the PC identification number or a detailed description to easily locate the PC
- Full description of the problem
- Contact the staff at the corresponding reception desk for any questions