Insert a table a document
Entering text in a table
Adjust the width of the columns of a table
Insert rows and columns in a table
Use Table AutoFormat to change the borders and shading to a table
Join several cells a table
Create a chart From the numbers in a table
Open the sample file called '10Leccn.doc'and save it as' Leccn10.doc.
Creating a table
A table is a grid made up of boxes obtained as intersections of rows and columns (cells) that can contain text or graphics. Within each cell, the text will be distributed automatically as it does between left and right margins of the document.
Inserting a table
- Place the insertion point before the mark of the last paragraph of the document.
- Click on the Insert Table button on the Standard toolbar, to show a grid
- Drag the pointer until you get to draw two rows of four columns in the grid.
Setting the width of columns
- Press TAB to move to the next cell
- Center and press TAB
- Type and press TAB
- International TAB and press
- Fill the rest of the table with the following information:
North South Center
International 3.209 1.091 2.343 , 7.809
3.429 1.908 3.485 8.988
Adjusting the column width
- Place the insertion point on the grid line which serves as a division for the first two columns. When the pointer changes to a double arrow, drag it to the left until Conseque a width of 1.75 cm, approximately.
- Other grids closer to other columns of the table.
- Select Table in the Table menu.
- Width and height of cell in the Table menu, and then press the tab Clolumna.
- Click the Auto button.
INSERCIÓNY SUPPRESSION rows and columns
Inserting a column
To add a column
you should select the right one of which must appear new and then click on the Insert Columns button on the toolbar.
Entering new text in the column
- deselect there clicking away from the table and then bring in the higher end of the first column.
- when you see the pointer change to an arrow tip. The column is selected.
- Click on the Insert button columns.
Insert a column at the end of the table
- Click on the second cell in the new column and type in May.
- Press DOWN ARROW to move to the cell below and enter in June.
- specify in the upper right of the last column above marks the end of row.
- Click the mouse when the pointer changes its shape by an arrow.
- Click on the Insert Columns button on the Standard toolbar.
Inserting a row
To insert a new row, select the one below which has displayed the new and click on the Insert Table button.
Deletion of a column
- Point to the left of the front row.
- Click when the pointer changes its shape by an arrowhead to the right and upward.
- Click on the Insert row button in the Standard toolbar.
Monthly Sales by Type
- column entitled "center."
- columns in the Table menu.
Adding Borders and Shading
edge to mainstream in the table
- With the insertion point anywhere within the table, click Table AutoFormat on the Table menu.
- In the Formats list box, select Classic 4.
- Click the OK button to return to the document.
Implementation of an edge in the second row
- the second row of the table.
- Click on the button bar edges in the Formatting toolbar.
Click the button
formatting the text in the table
it possible to format the text of the individual cells comprising the same, the same way that defines the format characters and paragraphs in the rest of the paper. First, you need to combine to create a cell that extends the entire width of the table. We will also have to concentrate all the text in the table, as well as the table between the page margins.
mix cells in the top row
form the edge of the merged cell
- the first row of the table.
Click on Join
- cells in the Table menu.
- To delete the paragraph mark of the first cell, place the insertion point before the end of cell mark.
- Press BACKSPACE to delete the extra paragraph mark.
- Press the button on the right side toolbar edges.
- Click on the button bar to disappear Bordes Bordes bar.
Centered text of all cells
- "Monthly Sales by location" and select 12 points.
- titles in the second row and put it in bold.
Select the entire table
Adjust the column widths
- Press the Center button in the formatting toolbar
Drag the vertical line of the grid up to 2.5 cm.
Centering the table
- With the insertion point inside the table, a table format in the Table menu.
Click on the tab
- Table (the mass is located left)
Click on the box
- Click the OK button.