Entering text into a new document window.
Select text to edit or format
Delete, move and replace text.
Change the appearance of the text.
Change the definition of a style.
To end the meeting with Microsoft Word.
When you start Microsoft Word is an empty document, called the document window. The document name appears in the title bar of the window.
You can start typing in the empty document window in exactly the same way you would on a sheet of paper. The insertion point is flashing, which will be located at the top of the window indicates the position where the text you type will appear. Going by entering text, the insertion point is moved to the right, leaving in its wake visible in the display the characters typed. If you make a mistake while typing, you can press BACKSPACE to delete it and re-enter the correct text.
If you go see a wavy red line under a word, is a sign that the correction is turned on automatically and the word in question was detected as incorrectly written.
When you introduce a paragraph whose length exceeds that of a line is not necessary to press RETURN to end each line of text individually.
SELECT FORMAT OR TEXT TO EDIT
Edit the text change means simply inserting a new text, deleting the existing text, or replacing a previous text by another. To indicate the text to be edited or formatted, it should select it first. The selected text is highlighted.
- To select a word, press twice the left mouse button on it.
- To select multiple words, you place the pointer in the desired location, press the left button on ratóny hold, drag to mark the words you want to edit. Then release the mouse button. Another way is to choose the initial point and click on the endpoint to have the Shift key pressed.
- To select a line, moves the mouse pointer to the blank space near the beginning of the line and when it becomes an arrow pointing to the right, click once on the left mouse button.
- To select a phrase, place the pointer over it and press the left mouse button at a time taking down the Control key.
- To select a paragraph, you can perform step 3, but double clicking the left mouse button, or by placing the pointer over the paragraph and press the left mouse button three consecutive times .
- E is selected by pressing CONTROL throughout.
CLEAR AND REPLACE TEXT If you want to insert text anywhere on a document only have to place the pointer in the desired location and start typing. The text that will move to make room for the new.
To delete a character you can use the backspace key, which deletes the character to the left of the pointer, or the DELETE key, which erases the character to the right of the pointer. To delete a line, sentence or paragraph, is selected as explained above and press the Delete key.
If we have a text, you type the following, regardless of its length, will replace the previous one. Once removed or replaced text, the document is resized to fill the space has been left off.
Undo button in the toolbar menu lets cancel the changes made to the document. For example, if you delete or change a text in error can make it appear that existed previously. Whenever you make a change to a document by accident, press the Undo button.
You can also press the arrow beside the Undo button there to see a list of actions that can be canceled. For example, to return to document the appearance it had before the last three changes in it can be placed in the appropriate action on the list and select Undo.
All changes that had taken place between the selected action and the present will be canceled ..
Redo button on the toolbar allows a reverse action undone. Works like Undo.
DIRECT SHIPMENT OF TEXT
may re-use a previously entered into a text document with drag and drop feature of Microsoft Word. Dragging the selected text can be copy or move text quickly.
selection moving text.
can use the AutoFormat to quickly examine the text and formatting in a document and enhance the appearance of the default styles applied to text and independent titles.
- Select a text.
- Hover your mouse over the selected area until you see it changes to a pointing arrow to the left.
- Hold the left mouse button. An insertion point appears as a small dotted square. Drag the block to bring the insertion point to the location and release the mouse button.
- Click anywhere outside the selected text in order to eliminate selection.
ASPECT OF CHANGE TEXT When you change the look of text, either to focus or to have a bold or italic, for example, says that it is formatted.
Viewing the Formatting toolbar
To apply a format change on the text so fast, it is more convenient to make visible the Formatting toolbar. Follow these steps to make it appear on the screen, if not already in sight.
- On the View menu, choose Toolbars.
- dialog box Toolbars, select the check box format, if not already activated.
- Click the OK button.
Changing the appearance of the text. buttons Bold, Italic and Underline are responsible for implementing each of the corresponding attribute format are operated under, or remove this attribute if you drive a second time.
Changing the design and layout of text.
Microsoft Word displays the text with the font or font and font size that is printed. The source refers to the design of the characters (letters and numbers), the point size is only one measure of its magnitude. You can change both font and size selections in the Font and Size lists the formatting toolbar.
- Select the text you want formatted.
- To bring up the list of available fonts, click the down arrow next to the table that there Fuente.
- Choose a font from among the listed
- To view a list of sizes available for the font selected, press the down arrow next to the table that there is font size.
- Choose a value.
Copy the text format. You can save time when you have to repeat the same combinations using the Copy button format. Implementation of heading style.
- Select a text format that already has one.
- Click on the Copy button format, the formatting toolbar, to copy all the information in text format. The mouse pointer now include a small brush.
- Drag the pointer over text and it will apply the same properties of that format was the first text.
- Click on the Copy button format, to disable this feature.
Name and store the document for later use display styles of a document The work that has been done so far in Microsoft Word is stored in computer memory. To save your work so you can later use, we need to name the document and store it on disk. Once saved, the document will be available when needed.
- In the Standard toolbar, click the Save button. Microsoft Word will display the Save As dialog box. This table is always the first time you save a document.
- Choose the folder where you want and store it in the File Name box type you want to assign.
- Click the Save button, or press RETURN to close the dialog box and save the document with the specified options.
GIVE TO THE END OF WORK SESSION WITH MICROSOFT WORD
- On the File menu, choose Exit. This order makes you close both the document window as the Microsoft Word application.
- If the message that prompts you to save your changes, click on Yes
|| Do this
|Create a new blank line or paragraph
|Show or hide paragraph marks
||Click on View/hide all of the formatting toolbar.
|Insert text in an existing text
||Place the insertion point at the point where he should start the new text and start typing.
||Press BACKSPACE to delete characters to the left of the insertion point, and DELETE to erase those on the right.
|Select a word
||Click twice on the floor.
|Select any portion of text
||Drag your mouse over the text to select, or press at the beginning of the text and hold down the Shift key, click on the final text.
|Select complete lines
||Indicate in the left side of the line in the selection bar press. To select multiple lines, select a first and drag the pointer up or down at the bar.
||Select the text and then press DELETE or BACKSPACE.
||Select the existing text and start typing the new text.
|Undo an action
||Click the Undo button immediately after the action.
|Undo several actions
||Click on the arrow and select Undo the first element in the sequence of actions to undo.
|Cancel a undo action
||Click the Redo button, immediately after the undo action.
|Nullify the effect of various actions to undo
||Click on the arrow and select Redo the first item in the list of undo actions you want to cancel.
|Move or copy text
||Select the text and drag the set to its new location. To copy the text has to hold down the Control key while you drag.
|Enable copy and paste function intelligently
||Choose Options from the Tools menu. Click on the label Edicióny select Copy and paste intelligently. Click OK.
|Apply bold, italic or underlined
||Select the text below and click on the appropriate buttons on the toolbar to format.
||Select the formatted text. Click on the Copy button format, the Standard toolbar. Drag the pointer over the text you wish to format
|Change the font or size of characters
||Select the text, press the down arrow that exists in the Source list boxes or Tamañoy then click a name in the font or point size value.
|Change text alignment
||Select the text and press one of the alignment buttons in the Formatting toolbar.
|Save a new document
||Click the Save button on the Standard toolbar. Select the appropriate folder in the Save in box and type a name in the File name box.
|Change the box characters
||Select the text to modify. Click Change/shift/minus in the Format menu and choose the option to use uppercase and lowercase letters you like.
|To end a session with Microsoft Word
||Click Exit on the File menu.